[Air-l] 2006 Conference update - important dates

Matthew Allen M.Allen at exchange.curtin.edu.au
Mon Jun 26 19:47:05 PDT 2006

Dear all

Writing on behalf of Fay Sudweeks, Program Chair and Axel Bruns,
Conference Chair, may I provide the following important information
about the upcoming 2006 AoIR Conference in Brisbane.

Firstly, our thanks to the 70+ people who have already registered,
including many who took advantage of the earlybird registration rate. We
welcome you to AoIR, since your registration includes a membership of
the association for a year.

On the matter of registrations, we are pleased to announce that the
EARLYBIRD REGISTRATION is now extended until 7 July 2006. This will be
the only extension for earlybird registration, which saves you $40 USD.

Secondly, here are some important dates:

1) 7 July: Student papers to be submitted for judging in the Best
Student Paper competition. (1 week extension). Email papers to
m.allen at curtin.edu.au (I will collect them and pass them onto Fay for
judging).

2) 31 July: First submission of papers for inclusion in the conference
archive (which will be available to all conference attendees in advance
via the AoIR website) . You will receive an email in late July notifying
you of the submission procedure.

3) mid-August: Final call for registrations for paper presenters to
secure your place in the program.

Dr Matthew Allen
Associate Professor in Internet Studies
President Association of Internet Researchers
Faculty of Media Society and Culture
Curtin University of Technology
CRICOS Provider Code 00301J
http://smi.curtin.edu.au/NetStudies/allen.htm