[Air-l] Deleting Online Predators Act, MySpace and a plea for help

Lauren M. Squires lauren.squires at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 10:57:11 PDT 2006

Well put, danah.  I am interested in the fact that this message didn't
inspire any responses to the list or discussion.  Perhaps I've been
out of the loop, but this was the first I'd heard of DOPA - HAVE I
been out of the loop, or has it not been covered very thoroughly? I'm
very curious as to other AoIRer's thoughts about it, if anyone feels
like sharing.

Related, I just heard a story on NPR about high schools in Illinois
starting to police "blog sites," which folks working on
youth/privacy/parenting might find interesting:
http://www.suntimes.com/output/tech/cst-nws-online23.html  I guess the
story broke about a week ago, but I have some summertime news lag.
Apparently only one parent spoke up to protest the schools' decision -
regardless of where one stands on the issue personally, that
singularity seems kind of shocking.

Lauren

lauren m. squires
  lx: http://polyglotconspiracy.net