[Air-l] overstated media inference from fine study

Kathy Mancuso kmancuso at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 16:07:06 PDT 2006

Indeed! I actually just reposted it on my Behavioral Science & Health
Education class discussion board as an example of applying the Theory
of Social Support, Networks, and Coping (which is just what it sounds
like: public health theory is not rocket science . . . although I
don't know why rocket science should be so epistemologically
privileged, come to think of it) within the ICTs in health
communication context.

--kathy mancuso

> From: "Ericka Menchen Trevino" <emtrevino at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Air-l] overstated media inference from fine study
> To: air-l at listserv.aoir.org
>
> Thanks for sharing this. I think it's a good example for an
> introductory course if you want to show the importance of academic
> sources and the difference between academic research and journalism.
> -Ericka Menchen Trevino

clipping barry's response for space:

--
. . . connection in an isolating age . . .
Katherine Mancuso, graduate student, Emory University

Web 2.0 research, life, and meta: http://museumfreak.livejournal.com,
http://del.icio.us/museumfreak, http://www.last.fm/museumfreak,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Museumfreak

"You remind me that 'It's not all about the programming,
stupid!'"--Vicki Hertzberg, on me
"'When is the moment that experientially you experienced what it was
to be a cyborg?', Donna Haraway's answer was fabulous: 'I guess it
would have to be the first time I realized how like a leaf I am.'"
--Thyrza Goodeve