[Air-l] One Laptop Per Child

J. J. japeks at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 7 08:09:51 PDT 2006

Technology is used in a broader context to satisfy a medical or human right
need. Then again, technology is used to kill other people too.

Maybe that's why medical, military and human rights teams do use technology
to achieve their missions. I think that in the OLPC case, the problem is in
the "act of doing." Who gets to give? Who gets to receive?

And as a result, the question remains: what is the mission of the $100
laptop? A good analogy I've heard: even if you speak four languages you
still have to have something to say.

Jarek