[Air-l] subcultures and the internet

elw at stderr.org elw at stderr.org
Thu Jun 8 10:45:11 PDT 2006

> reply below but I think I misunderstand what you are asking for. I am
> more commenting on Western subcultures around the world. But my
> knowledge of Muslim culture is restricted to recently finding out about
> how quotes of Mohamed are attributed by a type of voting system I really
> know nothing about various non western subcultures.

almost totally offtopic, but the "jesus seminar" folks also vote as to
their confidence that various biblical writings were or were not likely to
be accurate/legitimate recordings of events.

http://www.westarinstitute.org/Jesus_Seminar/jesus_seminar.html

fascinating process.

ObAirTopicPost: maybe wikipedia should adopt a beads-into-box voting
system :)

--e