[Air-l] "The Automated Wal-Mart- A Thought Experiment"- Request for commentaries.

Ellis Godard ellis.godard at csun.edu
Mon Jun 19 23:35:15 PDT 2006

Since the idea is posed as a thought experiment*, with your contributions as
the stimulus, do you conceive of the normative evaluations that you solicit
("for this idea or against it") as the outcome(s)? If so, will you attempt
to account for the distibution of those responses, such as the demographics
or status characteristics of those for (or against) such as store?

You might, instead or in addition, solicit similarly experimental elements,
such as expectations about when such a store will exist, where it might
emerge first, what popular reactions to it might be, problems that might be
encountered in such as store, or, as I would be inclined to offer, ideas
about how such as store is but a physical manifestation of transactions and
interactions taking place constantly over the Internet.

* Compare other examples at
http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=thought+experiment&gwp=13 or
http://tinyurl.com/gu4b4

-eg