[Air-l] AIR conference location (air-l Digest, Vol 20, Issue 5)

Michel MENOU michel.menou at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 7 05:26:26 PST 2006

Re Latin America vs. Asia it seems that Nancy's points rest on 2 distinct criteria:
a) number of AIR members in the contemplated area
b) level of Internet research carried out in the area.
Obviously the 2 are valid but may perhaps need to be combined, rather than used alternatively
Though probably less "visible" because of language Latin American Internet research might be no less significant than Asian one. The level of Internet related activities (in education, communities, E-Gov, e-Health, networks devployment, etc.) is also quite impressive.
One may furthermore look at the conferences as a means to promote both AIR membership and Internet research - when the chances of economic soundness for a given location seem fair.
Michel

Message: 15