[Air-l] AoIR and Latin America

Suely Fragoso suely at unisinos.br
Thu Mar 9 14:08:45 PST 2006

Dear all, but mostly Charles, Michel, Erick and Raul

I think Michel, Erick, Raul and I should join forces asap - I propose that we start an off-list exchange of messages about helping AoIR take off in LAmerica so we do not fill the list with this specific subject. I have a colleague here who has already shown willingness to help us, Mr Adilson Cabral. He is an active Brazilian researcher, who leads some very interesting initiatives. I think he will help us greatly. Other Brazilian colleagues are starting to join the AoIR list in response to Adilson's comments in other fora, what is great!

Charles mentioned the possibility of sharing

> with you a rough version of the sort of
>guidelines we're using with potential local organizers for >considering basic
>issues regarding venue and negotiations with hotels

I definitely want to see them!

If Raul and Erick could be so  kind as to send me their email addresses, I will be happy to start a list for us. I have michel's - we have participated in a panel together (what was a great pleasure). I will also include Adilson and other I know of, and obviously the more the better

Cheers

Sue