[Air-l] internet in movies

Nancy Baym nbaym at ku.edu
Mon Mar 27 08:04:36 PST 2006

Hello All,

I would like to compile a list of movies in which the internet plays
a significant role. Not being much of a movie-going gal myself, I
need help! Among those I can think of offhand are:

You've Got Mail (couple hate each other IRL, find true love anonymously online)

Closer (couple is deceptively set up online by another leading to
very dysfunctional relationship)

The Net (identity theft almost ruins net-addicted heroine's life)

Must Love Dogs (couple find true love through online dating despite
net dating's general portrayal as rife with deceptive losers)

If you can identify others, especially with a really brief summary of
what role the net plays, please email me offlist. I'll compile list
and post to air-l

Thanks in advance,

Nancy