[Air-l] CFP: Graduate Student Research Group

Ted M Coopman coopman at u.washington.edu
Mon Mar 20 10:13:44 PST 2006

All,

I thought the rationale and potential topics were pretty clearly laid out in the CFP. Could you be more specific?

I was handed the admin for the air-grad list and it appeared to have very little activity on it. Actually, prior to being notified that I was running the list I didn't even know it existed and I have been a member for years. I personally have mixed feelings about a grad only list separate from the general list, but that's not my call.

At any rate, it became apparent to me that the Exec could use some help and I thought that some of the Graduate Student members may want to step up. There was a need and I saw a potential to involve my constituency.

As I stated below, this is a pilot project to gage interest in the idea, I'm just sending it to the general list to make sure everyone hears about it. So, in my view, I'm doing what you ask, which is putting it out there to see if there is interest.

Interested?

-TED

Ted M. Coopman
Department of Communication