[Air-l] AOIR in Toronto

Alex Kuskis alex.kuskis at netscape.ca
Mon Mar 20 12:01:27 PST 2006

Dear Barry,
You got 2 things wrong:
1. My name, which you've condescendingly mangled, despite the
fact that we've met several times and even had lunch together (I
recollect that I paid!), and
2. The fact that I wrote, "The executive who
decided that English was to be the association's working
language in all matters was almost all-American".
I know exactly who was on the executive at that time.

Be that as it may, my goal is not to malign AIR, which I hope to
re-join one day, but to put the record straight from the perspective
of those who worked hard on the Toronto conference but weren't
thanked. Some were even told not to attend the banquet! It was
Mr. Hunsinger who brought the matter up and I had to respond to it.

I hope that AIR will reconsider its monolingual English language
policy, which is increasingly out of synch with a multilingual
world and Internet. Pax!............Alex Kuskis