[Air-l] AIR in Vancouver in 2007?

Suely Fragoso SUELY at unisinos.br
Wed Mar 1 12:11:16 PST 2006

Dear AIR-ers

Canada is definitely easier to get a visa to than the US - as far as I am aware, nowhere is harder than US (on the other hand US often issues long term visas, what can be handy)

Canada appeals and  Europe appeals - but Scandinavia is extremely expensive for Southern Hemisphere citizens (not just distance-wise, but the cost of everything there is also heavy).

Did I hear someone saying Italy last year or was it a dream?

Sue

>>> Ulla.Bunz at comm.fsu.edu 01/03/2006 13:31 >>>
Canada as a north American venue has a lot of appeal for many of our
members for various reasons, one of the more important ones being visa
issues (most say it's easier to get visas for Canada than the US, and
also some are uncomfortable with the fingerprinting procedure in the US
and don't want to do that). I like the idea of having a conference in
Vancouver, be it 2007 or afterwards. I also would like to see a
conference in Europe again, maybe somewhere in Scandinavia. I know one
city in a Scandinavian country had been under pretty serious discussion
when I was still on the exec, but I do not know what has happened to
that discussion since October.
I think it would help if someone from the exec clarified whether there
already is a definite location for 2007 or not, even if they don't want
to reveal what that location is.
Ulla Bunz