[Air-l] CFP: Graduate Student Research Group

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Mon Mar 20 10:11:10 PST 2006

I have a few questions:

What sort of things are to be produced?
What is this new organizational structure's relationship to AoIR
working groups?
Is AoIR going to become some sort of research consultancy,   where
AoIR produces research instead of the members producing research?
What is the audience of this research? will it be vetted?  by whom?
Who decides who gets to be on which project, given the natural
tendency for some projects to be more interesting than others?
How does this fit with the mission and bylaws?

On Mar 20, 2006, at 4:08 PM, elw at stderr.org wrote:

> 1)  What, exactly, does the exec have in mind?
>
> 2)  Wouldn't it have been a good idea to discuss the formation of
> such a
>      group on the air-grad list *first*, to see if there's interest
> in it?
>      (I haven't seen any such discussion, which is why I'm asking...)
>
> --elijah

jeremy hunsinger
jhuns at vt.edu
www.cddc.vt.edu