[Air-l] language on the Internet (was AoIR in Latin America)

William Bain willronb at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 27 12:58:55 PST 2006

Hello, All,

  On Joshua Raclaw's "Are you suggesting that a spoken minority language might actually become endangered because it doesn't have an online presence?  A vast majority of these minority languages don't even have a writing system." could I just mention again the article by Dr. Albert Bastardas-Boada. Perhaps once was enough but I think it's worth a look in relation to the idea of "linguistic sustainability" in a kind of tandem relationship with linguistic diversity. The article's at http://www.linguapax.org/congres04/pdf/bastardas.pdf

  Perhaps I'm insisting too much but I believe there's something interesting there.

  Best regards,

  William