[Air-l] brief rundown of aoir tools

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Wed Mar 22 08:21:47 PST 2006

Someone asked me what internet resources aoir makes available to its
members and their community, so I thought that I'd repost it to the
list.

Web resources:
There is the main website: http://www.aoir.org
it has all the aoir-centric information on it... it has forums,
archives of papers, blogs, the list of lists, and various other
functions.

The wiki:  http://wiki.aoir.org
it has internet research information, quite a bit of it.  but it
needs more people to use it more often.

The conference website:  http://conferences.aoir.org

The forums for elections are also on the web.

Email resources:
The Main list  air-l @ listserv.aoir.org which is where i sent this
list, so you know all about it.

The other open lists:

air-meet @ listserv.aoir.org the list to organize the associations
annual meeting, which isn't very active.

qualitativemethods @ listserv.aoir.org  which isn't very active

femptheoryqueer @ listserv.aoir.org  list is somewhat active and is
about feminist, post-colonial, and queer theory

air-grad @ listserv.aoir.org  which is a list for graduate students
to do things with, it is somewhat less active these days.

there are also:
The irc channel:  #aoir_general on irc://irc.freenode.net
and a
Jabber server (rarely used)
and the
cafe press store http://www.cafepress.com/aoir

There might be more forthcoming or there might be consolidation in
the future.   I also may have missed something, so people can add to
the list if they want.

jeremy hunsinger
jhuns at vt.edu
www.cddc.vt.edu