[Air-l] Last call --- Wonderground --- Design Research Society International Conference 2006

Ken Friedman ken.friedman at bi.no
Thu Mar 30 03:08:36 PST 2006

Friends,

The time for your Wonderground proposal has arrived. This is the last
call for papers.

We are already receiving good material and we look forward to a
wonderful international event that brings the world's design research
community together in Lisbon.

The main details appear below. For more information, please visit our
web site at

http://www.iade.pt/drs2006/

DRS conferences are an important opportunity to present research and
to learn from others. For many authors, DRS conference papers offer
an opportunity to present work that will later become the foundation
of journal articles and books.

Wonderground emphasizes an informative, inclusive review process
designed to provide authors with valuable insights and comments to
help them take papers to the next stage for later publication. Our
review process will "help authors in" for a rich, inclusive
conference.

Our promise to every author is simple: If you send a paper to
Wonderground, we guarantee a clear, useful review that will help you
present your research at the conference and take your work further
afterward.

We look forward to a continued strong response from the design
research community, and we hope for proposals from everyone who reads
this final call.

Eduardo Corte-Real, Ken Friedman, and Terence Love
Co-chairs

Wonderground!

Design Research Society
International Conference 2006
Lisbon, Portugal

--

Third Call for Papers - Deadline March 31

Wonderground - the 2006 Design Research Society International
Conference invites full papers of up to 6,000 words and working
papers of up to 2,000 words. There is a specific call for
contributions to the research exhibition. We welcome papers in all
areas of design research.

--

Conference Web Site

http://www.iade.pt/drs2006/

--

DEADLINE: 2006 March 31.

Responding to requests for an extended deadline, we changed the
deadline to March 31. We will continue to accept papers until April 5.

We will begin the review process for each paper as it arrives to
ensure a prompt reply for those who need it.

Digital submission: Authors must submit papers in digital form.

Submission address: Please submit papers to the Content Management Coordinator

"Martim Lapa" martim.lapa at iade.pt

When sending your paper to Mr. Lapa, please send a copy [Cc:] to the
Content Management Secretary

"Elisabete Perfeito" eperfeito at iade.pt

Language: Papers must be written in English.

References, format, and style: Conference papers should follow the
Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Fifth
Edition. Please visit the conference web site for full details.
Authors can download a good short guide at URL:

http://www.docstyles.com/

Length: Full papers should be up to 6000 words plus illustrations.
Working papers should be up to 2000 words plus illustrations.

Refereeing: A large, international scientific committee ensures
expert review for all fields for design research. No referee will
review more than three papers. Each author will receive careful,
clear, reflective comments.

The Wonderground review process will "help authors in" rather than
"keep authors out."

--

Short Guidelines: Members of the scientific committee have prepared
two short guidelines to help authors write papers that enable readers

Full Papers: The full paper format runs up to 6,000 words. We
encourage submissions from all fields of design research. We welcome
papers representing all perspectives and research methods. These
guidelines are intended to help authors

At the top of the full paper, write a self-contained abstract of up
to 200 words that outlines your aims, scope, and conclusions. Then,
give up to five keywords that describe the working paper. In the
paper, 1) Introduce the subject and state the goals of the paper. 2)
Identify the issues you will consider and give some background. 3)
Describe your approach to the issues you will address. 4) Describe
the circumstances in which you conducted your work. 5) Describe what
you actually did and describe the tools you used. 6) Describe your
findings or conclusions and explain how they support your goals. 7)
Indicate what you learned or accomplished and suggest future work in
your area of interest. 8) Provide a bibliography containing all the
references cited in the text.

Working papers: The 2000-word length working paper format allows
researchers to present work in progress in a convenient way while
making a rich enough argument to deserve conference presentation.

A working paper should contain several features of a full paper. At
the top of the working paper, write a self-contained abstract of up
to 200 words that outlines your aims, scope, and conclusions. Then,
give up to five keywords that describe the working paper. In the
working paper, 1) State the theme of the paper. 2) Promise a
contribution. 3) Provide evidence for the argument that you will
present to reach the conclusion. 4) State the structure of the
argument and show how you will develop it. 5) Show how the evidence
and the argument will lead to a contribution. Evidence may include
summaries of empirical work as well as discussion from the
literature. 6) Provide a selected reference list to supports the
working paper in the same way that a full reference list supports a
full paper.

Language: English is the conference language. Please remember that
English is a second or third language for many of our authors and
readers. We encourage authors to write in a direct, comfortable style
for clear, understandable papers.

--

Information update service: If you are submitting a paper or exhibit
to Wonderground, please join our JISCmail information list to receive

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/DRS-CONFERENCE-CONTRIBUTORS.html