[Air-l] habermas on the internet

Miguel Afonso Caetano miguel.a.caetano at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 06:49:37 PST 2006

Habermas isn't so outdated after all. This is what Geert Lovink has
been writing about. See his interview to mentelocale.it, an italian
online magazine:
http://www.networkcultures.org/geert/interview-for-mentelocaleit-daniele-miggino/.
The question is how to answer to this profudance of information, with
a torrent of rss feeds, social networks and emails coming in
permanently without reintroducing a gatekeeper.  Digg.com, Kuro5hin,
in this sense, are exemplary because they let everybody be gatekeepers
and create open gatekeeping communities. But there should be new and
better tools to provide a truly open edition model. The concept of Web
2.0 can be of some help in here. But I'm suspicious that this is just
a new fad in order to boost Internet economy.

Miguel Caetano