[Air-l] Perspective: It's my Internet--I can do what I want

Ellis Godard ellis.godard at csun.edu
Thu Mar 30 10:33:16 PST 2006

Employees roaming is interesting. Employers watching is worrisome. An
increasing number of colleagues (at my institution and elsewhere) have
expressed concerns that their chairs, deans, and/or provosts have gotten
access to their campus-based mail accounts, including citing specific
phrases that they believed they had used only in private communications.
Anyone have a sense of how likely (or common) that is (in academia or
anywhere)?

-eg