[Air-l] Internet as medium with different sub-media or channels?

Opgenhaffen Michaël michael.opgenhaffen at lessius-ho.be
Fri Mar 10 15:17:50 PST 2006

Hello,

I've been researching the internet as information source and now I want to make a distinction between different applications online, like www, email, msn, ...

My question is how I need to describe these online applications: are they different (sub-)media (together forming the meta-medium Internet) or are they different channels within the Internet as medium? I've read different voices in literature and now I'm so confused I can't get out anymore ;-)

If anybody has a opinion or suggested litterature, I will be grateful.

Thanks in advance!

Michaël Opgenhaffen
Lessius Hogeschool Antwerp Belgium