[Air-l] aoir & languages

William Bain willronb at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 20 23:47:23 PST 2006

On the discussion about languages and air-la that's recently started, I wonder if this might not be related to another issue that's occasionally been talked about, namely whether aoir needs a wiki. What occurs to me is that a language wiki dealing with technical terms might be in order. Technical terminology is bound to come up when posts get transferred (or translated) from air-la to air-l. Would it be of interest to have a wiki (a wiktionary? sorry) to deal with this issue? Further to this, Beverly Trayner wrote about a carnival of blog and it struck me that possibly as a simple trial air-l (or for that matter air-la or both) could for a limited period (a week? a few days?) accept posts in a number of languages, for example the working languages used by the European Parliament. This short period of "carnival" might show that there's really no need for the two lists (l and la) and also whether online dictionaries *specific* to aoir are of any real interest.

  Best regards, William
  Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona