[Air-l] Sofware to capture content

Niels Brügger nb at imv.au.dk
Thu Mar 2 04:36:58 PST 2006

Hi Eullia

If you're talking of web site archiving software, you can have a look
at the test of this kind of soft ware that was made in relation to my
book _Archiving Web sites_ - you'll find it at http://cfi.imv.au.dk/
eng/pub/webarc

-Niels Brügger

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if any of you know about software to capture website
content ? specifically, to capture online news outlets (CNN, The
Washington Post, The New York Times?) as well as blog-types news.
We are about to engage in a research involving content coding these
sites and were wondering if anybody has information on costs (any
free out there?), ease of use, effectiveness in capturing content,
time needed to capture content at a point in time, time needed to
capture 24-hour content, and any other pertinent information that you
may want to share.
Thanks in advance to ya all! Eul?lia Puig Abril