[Air-l] transcription

Frank Thomas news.ftr at free.fr
Fri Mar 3 06:13:40 PST 2006

Isabel,

There is a wikipedia entry dedicated to Dragon Naturally Speaking:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Naturally_Speaking
which was mostly created by people from the lively Dragon web forum
Knowbrainer, at http://forum.knowbrainer.com/list.php?f=2
You find another forum at
http://www.voicerecognition.com/board/index.php?automodule=blog

The wikipedia entry gives some further links.Wikipedia and the
voicerecognition form both list link to several blogs.

I bought DNS 8 Preferred and use it now and then. But maybe my
pronunciation is too outlandish - I think the quality of the recognition
could be better.
Before buying it 2 years ago I searched on the Internet about voice
recognition and found DNS as the one that got the best results in
program comparisons. ViaVoice is far less expensive but less well
recommended, the Windows XP inbuilt speech recognition a nuisance that
only takes memory resources. So, the choice was simple.

DNS is now sold by Nuance, www.nuance.com.

Good dictating !
F. Thomas

Isabel Alvarez wrote:
> I would like to have any information concerning transcription software. I
> know the existence of DRAGON professional, but I haven't use it. Any
> thoughts? Thank you so much. Isabel

Dr. Frank Thomas
FTR Internet Research
93110 Rosny-sous-Bois