[Air-l] AIR 2007 in Vancouver or else

Suely Fragoso suely at unisinos.br
Fri Mar 3 04:02:05 PST 2006

as far as I am aware there have been very  few  Lamericans in AIR - both times I went I found no-one else (nearly - I met a Mexican student in Toronto). I confess that I have been considering to offer to host AoIR here in Brazil at some point, but I think we need to expand AIR's basis in LA first. I am working on that, but imho it is still too early - AIR here would become a 'tourist only' conference, not capable of attracting many locals yet.

the idea is, however, very nice.
I would like to hear more from Erick about that - his surname and suggestion indicates that he could be in LAmerica as well, am I right?

Cheers

Sue

>>> jhuns at vt.edu 02/03/06 23:12 >>>
i think latin america is on the table, i know that when i was in the
exec, i mentioned oaxaca and sao paolo as possibilities, we thought
about the caribbean, but we always have air i sept. and oct. which
means... hurricane season.  so i wanted to push more southerly.   i
do not know what is on the current exec's agenda though.   I suspect
the rotation will be north america next, then europe, mainly because
north america provides sustaining capital beyond the base operations,
because we have more members here and thus more people interior to
this continent.
On Mar 2, 2006, at 8:28 PM, Erick Iriarte Ahon wrote:

> In the same way..
>
> why not in Latin America ?? sometimes is complicated for
> latinamerican people travel to another regions...
>
> Erick
> \

Jeremy Hunsinger
Center for Digital Discourse and Culture
() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments

http://www.aoir.org The Association of Internet Researchers
http://www.stswiki.org/ stswiki
http://cfp.learning-inquiry.info/  LI-the journal