[Air-l] Internet as medium with different sub-media or channels?

William Bain willronb at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 14:20:14 PST 2006

Regarding the idea of the Internet as a library and the talk of possible theoretical works, I wonder if I could just note that in air-l list Vol 20, Issue 17 Bob Rehak posted some references to theoretical works and also convincingly compared the Internet with movies. At this point, with my neophyte status, the medium with different sub-media or channels idea seems to me a pretty powerful description. I'd like to share some places I've found recently, largely with the help of things posted on air-l. These include: Gonzalo Frasca's Ludology.org, http://ludology.org/staticpages/index.php?page=20030129004146960 and Jesper Juul's The Ludologist, http://www.jesperjuul.net/ludologist/?p=108 and the e-Learning Centre, http://www.e-learningcentre.co.uk/eclipse/Resources/games.htm

  I for one hope more will get discussed on the semiological aspects soon! Best wishes to All,

  William Bain, UAB, Barcelona