[Air-l] Citation Managers - Alternatives to Endnote/CiteULike/... ?

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 19 11:03:17 PST 2006

Hi all

  I haven't tried much in the way of software. But then costs in
software and learning something new keep me from trying them out.

I am just a student but have had trouble tracking down great ideas I
have read. I use a blog. I simply write my notes as html directory
lists as so... from yesterdays post in raw html

<being paste example blog entry> <--- this is not html, xml or latex
just something I do in emails for clarity.

I am reading these two books this morning: <DL><DT>Consalvo, Mia, &
Passonen Susanna. eds. <I>Women & Everyday Uses of the Internet:
Agency ad Identity</I> (New York:, Peter Lang 2002).</DT><DD>I have
already read one chapter of this book but am reading the introduction
this morning. These women editors are AoIR members I believe.</
DD><DT>Taylor, Robert W. et al. <I>Digital Crime and Digital
Terrorism</I> (Upper Saddle River, N.J.: Pearson, Prentice Hall, 2006)
</DT><DD>I just borrowed this yesterday while waiting to tutor a
student. I read the first chapter last night and started the second
chapter this morning. It is very biased towards US security and US
centric defintions of warfare.</DD></DL>

<end paste>

Funny I spotted an html error doing this for you. Oh well back to web
mastering this sunny day just before Spring.

Peter Timusk B.Math statistics, BA legal studies
Carleton University, Teaching Assistant.
MA applicant.