[Air-l] internet in movies, list so far

Nancy Baym nbaym at ku.edu
Tue Mar 28 11:41:55 PST 2006

I've been getting a number of emails (thanks!) that point out
boundary issues in trying to generate a list like this. For instance,
is The Matrix REALLY about the internet? Does a film about a
corporate network fit? Does animation count?

My own interest is in movies that (a) feature the internet as it
currently exists, or existed at the time the film was made (b) made a
lot of money at the US box office and (c) showed the internet
impacting personal relationships. But given the enthusiasm with which
recommendations have been pouring in, I don't think that the list I'm
building should be limited to those relevant to my own project.

Nancy