[Air-l] Cross-Institutional Social Networks Research

Fred Stutzman fred at metalab.unc.edu
Wed May 24 07:25:03 PDT 2006

I'm currently in the early stages of putting together a cross-institutional
research project on social networking software.  The research will be
survey-based, attempting to sample social-software use and trends at a
number of different colleges and universities.  In writing to AOIR, I'm
hoping to meet five other US-based researchers who would like to
simultaneously explore social networks use on their campus.

I've posted a longer description of my ideas on my blog:

If you're interested, or know someone who might be interested, please
contact me off-list.  I think this is a wonderful project for a graduate
student interested in social networking software research.  Thank you for
your assistance.

Fred Stutzman
SILS, UNC Chapel Hill
AIM: chimprawk