[Air-l] mixed race communities online

radhika gajjala radhika at cyberdiva.org
Thu May 4 03:38:20 PDT 2006

Tanya - I look fwd to seeing your work!

a good place to start would be to look at how race has been examined
(even though most of these are U.S. centric "race" in cyberspace
studies)

look for the edited collection (Rodman, Nakamura and Kolko) entitled
Race in Cyberspace

Look for work by Alondra Nelson (and the edited collection by Nelson
et al  as well as the issue of Social Text that she did) and also Ron
Eglash.

I have some works coming out regarding production of race in online
learning environments and would gladly share the work with you off
list if you like. Take a look at the publications link from my url
below and let me which ones.

radhika

----

http://personal.bgsu.edu/~radhik/index2.html