[Air-l] popcultures.com needs editors and tech help

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Fri May 19 08:06:02 PDT 2006

I worked for a few weeks on the original popcultures project (in the
90's), before i ran out of time.   It is an interesting resource and
worth supporting.   So if you are interested in what they do, try to
get involved.
--j

From: Aleksandra Kaminska aleks.kaminska at gmail.com

Popcultures is a website for the academic community working in the
areas of cultural studies, media and communication. We are still
seeking a few more subject editors to maintain and update the site.
We are currently seeking volunteers to edit the following subject areas:

- Media Theory: audience, content, effects, process...
- Media Industry: structure, organization, policy, advertising/pr/
marketing...

The subject editors will be responsible for keeping up-to-date
information on conferences, call for papers, interesting articles and
books, etc., and also, initally, in creating resources for the
subject (a bibliography for example). To learn more, please visit the
temporary page at: www.popcultures.com.

We are also seeking looking for technical assistance so if you have
Textpattern expertise and would like to help please let us know!

If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please email me
at : aleks.kaminska at gmail.com.

Thank you.
Aleks Kaminska
Managing Editor, Popcultures.com

Jeremy Hunsinger
Center for Digital Discourse and Culture
() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments

http://www.aoir.org The Association of Internet Researchers
http://www.stswiki.org/ stswiki
http://cfp.learning-inquiry.info/  LI-the journal