[Air-l] CFP: Aging by Design, Boston MA, October 23-24, 2006

Beth Mazur bmazur at gmail.com
Thu May 25 08:11:15 PDT 2006

CFP: AGING BY DESIGN III, October 23-24, 2006

Bentley College
Waltham, Massachusetts
Proposal Deadline July 10, 2006

The Program Committee for Aging by Design III is actively seeking proposals
for our upcoming conference. Since its inception, the conference has sought
to promote the design requirements of an aging population, explore
opportunities this population offers to those designing goods and services,
and bridge the gaps among the research, design and business communities. We
welcome 30-minute presentations and demonstrations consistent with this
theme.

The conference is organized in three tracks:

   1. Basic research related to aging, with relevance for design practice
   2. Design case studies – products, services, living spaces and the
workplace
   3. Successful business strategies

Given these tracks, we welcome proposals from the academic, product design,
and business communities. On the business side, we are actively seeking
participation from government entities, healthcare, entertainment, financial
services, assistive technologies, and the like. Proposals should be 500
words or less and identify the desired track, provide a presentation
overview, your name, affiliation, and complete contact information. Please
send your proposals to Dr. Bill Gribbons at wgribbons at bentley.edu

See http://www.bentley.edu/events/agingbydesign2005/agenda.cfm for last
year's program.

PROGRAM COMMITTEE:

Sara Czaja, Ph.D.
Director, Center for Research & Education on Aging & Technology Enhancement
University of Miami

Roger W. Morrell, Ph.D.
Senior Project Manager, Technology and Health Care
National Minority Health Month Foundation

Thomas S. Tullis, Ph.D.
Senior Vice President of Human Interface Design
Fidelity Investments

Beth Mazur
Senior Project Manager, Web Strategy & Operations
AARP Services, Inc.

William Gribbons, Ph.D
Director, Master of Science in Human Factors in Information Design
Bentley College