[Air-l] Please I Need to Join a US University in Spring 2007, Any Information

joshua raclaw Joshua.Raclaw at colorado.edu
Mon May 22 10:23:01 PDT 2006

Hi Muhammad,

Here's a short list off the top of my head of scholars at American universities
who do work in CMDA and/or internet socioling:

Nancy Baym - University of Kansas
Susan Herring - Indiana University
John Paolillo - Indiana University
Crispin Thurlow - University of Washington
Joseph Walther - Cornell University

There're a number of other researchers in various departments (e.g.
communication, english, informatics, linguistics) who do work in these areas as
well, so your best bet might just be to take a look at a bibliography of CMC to
see who specifically is doing the kind of work you're interested in. There are
a bunch of those floating around online, or you could check these two:

http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/jbw29/docs/471_Things_to_Read.html
http://www.polyglotconspiracy.net/cmcbib.htm

Best of luck!

Joshua

Joshua Raclaw - PhD student
Department of Linguistics
Culture, Language & Social Practice
University of Colorado at Boulder
http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~raclaw/

Quoting Muhammad Abdul-Mageed <mumageed at yahoo.com>:

* Dear all,
*
*   I am a linguistics researcher from Egypt. I have been awarded a 4-6 years
* scholarship to get both the MA and Ph.D. degrees. I am interested in
* Computer-mediated Discourse Analysis and sociolinguistics. I have worked out
* certain research plans. I am now trying to join a US univesity by Spring
* 2007. My government will cover all tuition fees, and all other finacial
* requirements. I have a high GPA and my TOEFL score is 273 (i.e. 643 in PBT).
* I would appreciate it if you suggest me a good university or a certain
* professor. Also, if any professor in the group would be interested I would be
* grateful if he/she writes to my own e-mail address. I would be ready to
* provide more details about myself and my research proposal(s).
*
*   Thank you in advance
*
*
* Muhammad Mostafa Abdul-Mageed,
* Dept. of English,
* Kafr El-Sheikh Faculty of Education,
* Kafr El-Sheikh,
* University of Tanta,
*   Egypt
*   Postal Code: 33516
*
*
* Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls.  Great rates
* starting at 1¢/min.
* is provided by the Association of Internet Researchers http://aoir.org
* Subscribe, change options or unsubscribe at: