[Air-l] world cup and domain name disputes?

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Fri May 26 21:09:41 PDT 2006

This sporting event has spawned domain name disputes in the past. The
issue was whether the disputed domain provided any original content.
The disputed domain merely framed content from the official world cup
site. The domain owner lost the case.

Which brings the larger question are domains real property? In Canada
a dot ca domain case is won by a company with a name that is more
similar to the domain name or exactly the domain name. The Canadian
Internet Registry Authority(CIRA) is having its AGM on June 12. I am
attending and would like suggestions on how I can make my attendance
an academic project?

Peter Timusk B.Math(2002) BA (2006) Carleton University, Ottawa Canada
Tel: 613-729-8328
Email: ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Yahoo ID: crystal_computing
Skype ID: peter.timusk
Nothing I write is intended to be representative of my employer, or
our clients. Nor do I alone speak for my unions.
Feel free to learn more about me at www.crystalcomputing.net
Computer ethics studies at www.webpagex.org
blogs http://logbook.crystalcomputing.net <- computers
http://notebook.webpagex.org <- school work