[Air-l] Link analysis software training at Wolverhampton, UK

m.thelwall at blueyonder.co.uk m.thelwall at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed May 3 13:33:31 PDT 2006

There will be a free training afternoon for link analysis software at the
University of Wolverhampton. This is aimed at early or future PhD students
in the social sciences or information science. You will learn how to use
software to collect and analyse information about web links.

Link Analysis 1pm-5pm Thursday 15 June, 2006
=====================================
This will be a demonstration and practical sessions with the following
programs
SocSciBot and SocSciBot Tools - link analysis for collections of web
sites. (http://socscibot.wlv.ac.uk)
LexiURL - link analysis for individual web sites or collections of web
pages. (http://cybermetrics.wlv.ac.uk/LexiURL/)
Google/MSN/Yahoo! automatic query submission programs - these allow the
automatic submission of thousands of searches
(http://cybermetrics.wlv.ac.uk/LexiURL/help/UsingGoogleAPI.htm).

Training and software are both free but please email m.thelwall @
wlv.ac.uk to book a place as numbers are limited. Include in your email
the following information
(a) Name:
(b) Email:
(c) University or other organisation:
(d) PhD title (if applicable) and reason for wanting to attend (1 sentence
maximum):
(e) I give my permission for my email address to be circulated to other
attendees: Yes/No

If you would like to stay in Wolverhampton overnight, the most convenient
hotel is the Britannia:
To get to the Britannia from Wolverhampton railway station, walk out of
the station exit and continue straight ahead, over the bridge. Lichfield
Street is almost directly ahead: the large Britannia hotel is on the left
of the corner of the street, just 5 minutes walk from the station.
http://www.britanniahotels.com/hotel_home.asp?Page=123
When you book, ask for the university discount - it should be about £60
for a night.

The University is in the centre of the city. These maps have the key
locations for the university - please print out the second one and bring
it along. Please report to MI block reception (the Technology Tower) or in
the refectory at 12 for lunch (MC block).
http://asp.wlv.ac.uk/Level4.asp?UserType=11&Level4=3420
http://asp2.wlv.ac.uk/webteam/contact/uow_city_campus.pdf