[Air-l] netporn conference 2007

Marije Janssen marije at networkcultures.org
Tue May 9 05:19:38 PDT 2006

We are currently looking for academics who are working on the subject of
internet pornography and would like to present their work at an
international conference in the Netherlands in February 2007.
Last year the Insitute of Network Cultures, in collaboration with Katrien
Jacobs and Matteo Pasquinelli, hosted an international academic conference
about netporn: 'The Art & Politics of Netporn.'
Some of the speakers were: Mark Dery, Mikita Brottman and Susanna Paasonen.
Subjects ranged from the sexual grotesque, indie porn to the issue of
online censorship. For more information about this conference you can
visit our website: www.networkcultures.org/netporn.
The topics for the next conference will be:
- amateur- and DIY porn
- censorship
- gender identity online
If you think your work is suitable please sent an abstract to:
marije at networkcultures.org
The first conference was very successfull and made it possible for people
to meet each other and exchange views on this topic that is still a taboo.
We are looking forward to a second edition with fresh faces and new insights.

We are also still very interested in essays about this subject for our
netporn anthology.

marije janssen
institute of network cultures
marije at networkcultures.org