[Air-l] ECAP'06 - Program now online

Charles Ess cmess at drury.edu
Mon May 22 10:57:00 PDT 2006

Dear Aoirists -

while the following will be of only tangential interest to most of you, I'd
appreciate your sending it along to interested colleagues:

==
With apologies for duplications and cross-postings

On behalf of the Program Committee for ECAP'06, we are very pleased to
announce that the conference program is now available on the conference
website,

<www.eu-cap.org>

- then follow the link on the left-hand side of the page to "Conference
Program"

As a reminder:

                        COMPUTING AND PHILOSOPHY
                         E-CAP 2006 at NTNU Norway
        Dragvoll Campus, Trondheim, Norway, June 22-24, 2006

 Conference Co-Chairs:
    Charles Ess (Drury University / NTNU): <cmess at drury.edu>
    May Thorseth (NTNU): <may.thorseth at hf.ntnu.no>

                     http://www.eu-cap.org

E-CAP is the European conference on Computing and Philosophy, the European
affiliate of the International Association for Computing and Philosophy
(IACAP, www.iacap.org).
E-CAP is organized in cooperation with the Association of Computing
Machinery's Special Interest Group on Artificial Intelligence (SIGART)
E-CAP is the premier European venue for current research, reflection, and
lively discussion of all aspects of the "computational turn" that has
emerged over the past several decades, and continues to expand and develop
as a result of the multiple interactions between philosophy and computing.
The "culture" of E-CAP, like its sister CAP conferences in North America and
Asia-Pacific, discourages paper reading - and stresses instead the
presentation of ideas and lively discussion, along with informal networking.

==
We are very pleased with the quality and scope of the program of
presentations now established for ECAP'06 - we believe you will find it of
compelling interest indeed!

On behalf of the Program Committee and presenting authors, we invite your
participation in ECAP'06.

- Charles Ess (co-chair)
- May Thorseth (co-chair)
- Johnny Søraker (local coordinator)

==
cX

(otherwise known as)
Charles Ess

Distinguished Research Professor,
Interdisciplinary Studies <http://www.drury.edu/gp21>
Drury University
900 N. Benton Ave.              Voice: 417-873-7230
Springfield, MO  65802  USA       FAX: 417-873-7435
Home page:  http://www.drury.edu/ess/ess.html

Co-chair, CATaC'06: http://www.catacconference.org
Co-chair, ECAP'06: http://www.eu-cap.org

Professor II, Globalization and Applied Ethics Programmes
NO-7491 Trondheim, Norway
http://www.anvendtetikk.ntnu.no/pres/bridgingcultures.php

Exemplary persons seek harmony, not sameness. -- Analects 13.23