[Air-l] second life from: refs on myspace and facebook

Jonathan Stern jonlwstern at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 17:13:40 PST 2006

Jeremy and others,

I'd say the interface itself does not provide a true shared activity, second
life is a great place for shared activities, but the simple interface and
movement scheme does not echo anything shared for me.  A user could very
easily use second life and attempt to never truly interact with others while
still using a shared activity.

Overall Shared Activity--Conceptually could mean many things but, shared
activites are an important and neccessary part of the SL dynamic and I would
argue that sharing or communal activities are central to what SL is about.

Sorry for the somewhat not cohesive rant,

Jon