[Air-l] refs on myspace and facebook

danah boyd aoir.z3z at danah.org
Wed Nov 1 11:45:19 PST 2006

Bonnie & others interested in this area - What i know thus far is
listed on my site (and i'd encourage others to send me other articles
that i should know about): http://www.zephoria.org/thoughts/archives/
2006/08/19/research_on_soc.html

Also, Nicole Ellison and i are putting together a special edition of
JCMC on social network sites.  Abstracts are due November 28: http://
www.ischool.berkeley.edu/~dmb/jcmc-sns/  I suspect that we will see a
lot of interesting research there (and i'd encourage those of you
working in this space to submit).

Over the last 3 months, i've done a lot of reviewing of papers on
social network sites.  I'd expect to see some work in this area
coming out of CHI, First Monday, New Media and Society, and JCMC on
the academic side.

I also have three papers in various states of review that i'd be
happy to discuss off-list with anyone who is working in this area.
(I don't want to foul up the review process and i'm not certain that
they will be accepted so they aren't public.)

danah

PS: It's not *that* impossible to reach me... although i do admit
drownage.