[Air-l] On-line behaviour

Ep1curas at aol.com Ep1curas at aol.com
Mon Nov 27 13:19:43 PST 2006

'..generations move demographically'

My grandfather didn't die..he moved demographically. I like that.   :)
As far as this debate goes, I think that professionals and academics can expect too much from 'normal' users, often without qualification. For most people, the Internet is not their main focus in work or in life.

I was at a conference recently and got quite (inwardly) annoyed with some of the speakers, who recounted their attempts to educate students and workers about blogging. There are plenty of arguments to me made in favour of blogging in education, but what riled me was that these arguments were not really made.

The 'problem' for the speaker was not on how to render blogging useful to educators and learners, but on how to funnel educators and learners towards blogging.
To me that requires an awful lot of faith.

Martin Calvert