[Air-l] epetitions

Wainer Lusoli w.lusoli at lse.ac.uk
Tue Nov 28 11:58:27 PST 2006

Hi Tom - and others

As much as I like your stance on the whole petition issue, I think the
question is ill posed: too many leads in one rhetorical, type II [negative
answer] stem.

To your specific question, the answer is: yes, it would have been possible
to build in deliberation. It has been done in relation to Parliamentary
Committees, and in departmental consolations. Why not with No10?
Were you allowed to do so? I don't know, you should tell us, did you ask?
Should money follow maturity? No, it should foster maturity. That is the
point of deliberation [you you believe deliberative theorists].
Is moderation too expensive when billions are spent in man+equipment in Iraq
[that people in Britain seem reluctant to accept]? Well, I leave that to
No10.

Comments welcome

Best

Wainer