[Air-l] Lab Management Software

Alex Halavais halavais at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 06:41:51 PST 2006

I don't think these will do exactly what you want, and you are
probably already aware of them, but for those who are not, there are a
number o VNC extensions that can do these sorts of things.

http://www.tightvnc.com/related.html

- Alex

On 11/2/06, Charlie Balch <charlie at balch.org> wrote:
> Sometime in the last year, perhaps on this list, I saw mention of freeware
> that allowed a lab instructor to see any screen in the lab and also to
> broadcast any computer screen in the room to all the screens in the room. I
> did not need the software then but sure could use it now. Can anyone point
> me in the right to direction to find software with this capability?
>
> Here are few scenarios I specifically want to accomplish:
> * The instructor should be able to easily pick the computer they want to
> show.
> * The instructor should be able to show any student's screen to everyone
> giving the ability to show a classic mistake or well done result.
> * The instructor should be able to show their screen to everyone *and* lock
> out any other access so as to avoid distractions and temptations like email.
> This screen shot should also include mouse movements.
>
> Thanks in advance for all suggestions,
>
> Charlie Balch
> Professor of CIS
> Arizona Western College

//
// This email is
// [ ] assumed public and may be blogged / forwarded.
// [X] assumed to be private, please ask before redistributing.
//
// Alexander C. Halavais
// Social Architect
// http://alex.halavais.net