[Air-l] Web Science a Field of Study

Sam Tilden tildensam at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 2 21:57:46 PST 2006

elijah,

  This sounds like something that Lachlan Brown might have written. Are you serious or just trolling? Since you are the expert on "Trolling" how would you analyze your remarks?

  Pax Electronica,

  Sam

elw at stderr.org wrote:

I find this patently absurd.

Attempting to name something doesn't create a new field of study.

New paradigms are rooted in established fields. Sociologists, linguists,
information scientists, and others are all doing groundbreaking work in
just the area that TBL is "inventing".

This looks more like an attempt to grab publicity and credibility on the
part of TBL and MIT. Embarassing, to be sure.

Incidentally, I don't see a whole lot of research from TBL these days, on
*any* of the lists I participate in where people care about networks, the
internet, or the web... or people's use of any of them.

--elijah

http://www.aoir.org/