[Air-l] survey questionnaire

Kevin Guidry krguidry at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 08:46:51 PST 2006

On 11/15/06, Nancy Baym <nbaym at ku.edu> wrote:
> A number of our grad students are using Survey Monkey
> (www.surveymonkey.com) for posting web surveys. I have heard mixed
> things about the extent of its data analysis components and
> flexibility with layout, but those I know working with it say it
> seems to basically function well.

   I think that's an accurate evaluation of SurveyMonkey.  It's pretty
cheap and very good at what it does (basic surveys).  It does not
really have any analysis tools to speak of other than some *very*
basic descriptive stats.  I don't know how well it would work for
non-English surveys.
   GMU's Center for History and New Media (the same people that
brought us Zotero) has what appears to be a free online survey tool at
http://chnm.gmu.edu/tools/surveys/.  I played with it for about 30
seconds once, long enough to figure out that it doesn't appear to
support branching logic.  I could be wrong and I'd love to hear if
anyone else has experience with that or other free, easy-to-use survey
tools.

Kevin