[Air-l] new vs old activism

Fred Stutzman fred at metalab.unc.edu
Tue Nov 21 09:20:17 PST 2006

This may be outside the scope of what you're looking for, but yesterday I
published a white paper documenting the user riots that occurred in
Facebook.com from 9/5-9/7/2006 as a release of the Feeds product.  Over the
course of three days nearly 750,000 users joined a group protesting the
feeds, ultimately forcing Facebook to change the product.

Paper can be downloaded here: http://ibiblio.org/fred/pubs/stutzman_wp6.pdf
or read on my blog:
http://chimprawk.blogspot.com/2006/11/case-study-facebook-feeds-and.html

Best,