[Air-l] OCS Third Online Congress 11/20-12/3

Mark Marino markcmarino at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 22:22:16 PST 2006

Hi, al,

I just wanted to remind everyone that the third "Online" Congress of
the Observatory for the Cybersociety begins tomorrow, November 20 and
runs through Dec. 3.  This time, the congress has this title: "Open
knowledge, Free Society"   The many working groups of the Congress
share many of the research interests of AOIR.

Although many of the papers are not in English (the organization is
based in Spain), a machine translator, such as BabelFish, is typically
enough to follow the major claims.  Participants are also allowed to
comment in their own language (in order to encourage more
participation from a wider variety of backgrounds).

I would also recommend my own group: WORKING GROUP C-7: DIGITAL NARRATIVE.
Topics include: new interfaces, new works of electronic literature,
electronic criticism of literature, and copyright/copyleft concerns.

I have read a number of the papers and know you will find them and
discussions about them insightful.  So far almost 4000 people have
registered for the Congress, which is held every two years.

To register go here:
http://www.cibersociedad.net/congres2006/gts/gt.php?llengua=en&id=104

See more here:
http://writerresponsetheory.org/wordpress/2006/10/17/espanol-en-english-cfp/