[Air-l] new vs old activism

Kevin Sherman kevin.sherman at aut.ac.nz
Mon Nov 20 15:38:55 PST 2006

Can anyone direct me to significant literature regarding what
constitutes old political activism vs new activism--particularly insofar
as its organisation, structure and implementation is concerned?  Of
interest is how (and whether) the Internet plays a role in what some are
calling a new (global?) activism.

Alternatively, if you think there's nothing particularly new about
activism, I'd be interested in that as well...

I realise this is a fairly broad question, but your responses needn't
be similarly expansive--just a quick thought here or there would be
greatly appreciated!

Kevin Sherman
PhD Candidate
Centre for Communication Research