[Air-l] e-petitions UK - cont.

Dominic Pinto zorro at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 29 16:54:49 PST 2006

My last comments, x-posted to mysociety.org remain to
be replied to ...

And then I thought:
==================
Dominic Pinto says:

Just rather intrigued that there has been no reactions
- maybe too busy coding - either to Air or to this.

And my last post 2 days ago is awaiting moderation.

Ding! I should petition Blur to do something about
this!

written on November 30th, 2006
=================

Mind, will anything 'serious' be noticed in the
'noise'?

Do take a look at recent 'petitions'

e.g.

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to
Bring back Dick Barton,Jock and Snowy and the music
The Devils Gallop that went with it, and while you are
at it bring back the Light program and the Home
service.

And from the Grauniad UK, which may or not be accurate
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/backbencher/0,,513903,00.html

SIGNERS OF THE TIMES

More headaches for valiant Tom Steinberg at the
MySociety/Downing Street pioneering e-petition
service. "UK, US AND IRANIAN TERORIST GOVERNMENT MIN
CONTROL AND ELECTROMAGNETIC TORTUREER," petitioned one
visitor. This petition has been rejected because it
isn't clear what the petition is asking signers to
endorse," replied Tom, no doubt wearily. Still, at
least the stuff that does get through is edifying. "We
the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to keep
Britain British ... Only English, Welsh and native
languages to be spoken in schools and supported by
local governments. No more multi lingual leaflets and
interpreters. Live in UK speaka da English!!!" Nice.
Meanwhile, a 14-year-old wants the PM to introduce an
ID card because he "cant by films and games for 11
year olds and im fed up with getting asked for id i
dont have eany." Do keep up, young man. Tony has every
intention of giving you an ID card. "We the
undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Ban all
online petitions, including this one," writes Darren.
You know, Darren, the Backbencher might just endorse
that one.

Dominic Pinto BA MIEEE MCMI MRi FRSA
http://www.ecademy.com/user/dominicpinto

e-m: dominic.pinto at ieee.org