[Air-l] refs on myspace and facebook (Miguel Afonso Caetano)

Antina antina74 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 1 15:14:20 PST 2006

Hello Miguel,

I`m not exactly writing my MA thesis over myspace, but about netlabels. I`m doing research of 2 netlabels located in Berlin (http://www.myspace.com/pulsarrec and  http://www.myspace.com/pentagonik) , which are organizing an event called "netlag" (http://www.myspace.com/netlag ) with music only from netlabels. I found out so far, that (nearly) all the artists are on myspace and  they mostly made good experiences (contacts for new projects, find a flat etc.) with it. I'm working on my material, and as Hughie and Marj, I've nothing written up yet. (by the way, first, I'll write it in German...)

Anyway, I'm still interested in literature about  and research on netlabels and social networking.

Greetings,
antina

PS: gostei de seu blog :)

Antina Michels
10407 Berlin / Germany
E-Mail: antina.michels at yahoo.comhttp://www.kringelingblog.blogspot.com/

Regarding this topic, I wonder if there is anyone doing research about
the way musicians and bands use MySpace to promote their works. I am
especially refering to those artists who cater for niche audiences and
release records through netlabels.

Thanks,

--
Miguel Caetano