[Air-l] Fwd: The Patchwork Mandate (fwd) (harnad on self-archiving policies)

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Sat Nov 11 05:05:11 PST 2006

i thought some of you would be interested in this discussion of self-
archiving policies.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Stevan Harnad <harnad at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK>
> Date: November 11, 2006 7:23:48 AM EST
> To: VPIEJ-L at LISTSERV.VT.EDU
> Subject: The Patchwork Mandate (fwd)
>
>         ** Apologies for Cross-Posting  **
>
> Below is yet another brilliant and timely stroke from the
> Archivangelist
> of the Antipodes (who is rapidly gaining worldwide moral hegemony!):
>
> Arthur Sale is so right: Where the university's senior management are
> momentarily immovable, the right target is a promising individual
> department or two: The focussed outcome of a departmental mandate
> can be
> even faster and more dramatic than a university-wide one, serving as
> an irresistible stepping stone toward a university-wide mandate.
>
> And there is supporting evidence: The outcome of the Tasmania CS and
> Southampton ECS departmental mandates, there to prove it works (and
> both
> of them leading to university-wide mandates thereafter):
>
>     http://www.eprints.org/signup/fulllist.php

Jeremy Hunsinger
Pratt Institute
() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments

http://www.aoir.org The Association of Internet Researchers
http://www.stswiki.org/ stswiki
http://cfp.learning-inquiry.info/  LI-the journal