[Air-l] Analyzing user generated multimedia content

Nicole Reinhold nicole.reinhold at philips.com
Wed Nov 15 09:14:12 PST 2006

Dear AoIRers

Since blog users and online community members are increasingly posting
multimedia content and not only text, discourse analysis seems no longer
sufficient to analyze this content. Therefore, I am looking for ways to
classify and analyze images as such. One important aspect is certainly
given by the context where the images are posted, but how can images be
handled?

I looked at ethnographic and semiotic approaches to get some background,
but so far I could not find a suitable way to classify or analyze this
type of content.
Does anybody have experience in this area, or can anybody suggest a
suitable approach for this problem?

best wishes Nicole

MA. Nicole Reinhold,
Senior Research Consultant