[Air-l] Analyzing user generated multimedia content

Jorgen Skageby jorsk at ida.liu.se
Wed Nov 15 09:50:11 PST 2006

Hi all,

I have to agree that the inclusion of user generated multimedia content in
CMC is presenting some interesting problems and challenges. My research
has looked at end-user concerns and intentions regarding their
contribution of multimedia content in online venues. I used qualitative
online methods to try to understand 'what is given to whom, how and why?'.
While, this research does not try to classify visual elements or types of
pictures as such (one of my cases was Flickr), I agree that the contextual
approach seems  necessary to understand desires, concerns and intentions
with multimedia content contributions.

Best
/Jorgen Skageby
PhD Candidate